Recruit, retain, and develop faculty and administrators of demonstrated professional excellence and an unwavering commitment to delivering an education of unsurpassed quality and breadth.
- Ensure that the compensation and recognition structure for faculty and administration is appropriate in order to compete for the best professionals at the national level, and in order to retain the best that we have currently.
- Increase Berkeley’s prominence on the “national stage.”
- Create a culture of excellence fostered by consistent practices across the divisions regarding faculty coaching, evaluation, supervision and development, while keeping autonomy and accountability in balance.
- Examine tangible and intangible aspects of teaching at Berkeley to ensure the maintenance of a healthy professional culture.
- Develop a thoughtful and purposeful marketing plan for recruitment.