Global Scholars students must complete at least one (1) of the following opportunities during their upper division years. Ideally, this requirement will be met through international travel, but alternative accommodations can be made through the global studies director’s office for those families that demonstrate need.
- Participation in a Berkeley sponsored exchange program.
- Participation in an international service learning trip.
- Participation in a Berkeley sponsored educational trip.
- Any other significant educational international travel experience upon prior approval of the Director of Global Studies.
- In home hosting of a student from abroad (at least 2 weeks). Additional local inter-cultural activities will be required of those students who choose this option.