is a non-profit that provides life-changing character education experiences for youth. We use a unique, proprietary, research-based curriculum to accelerate maturity and equip youth with the tools to discover that they are “priceless.” Character GPS promotes self-esteem building, teaching youth what they stand for, and guiding youth to pursue their future dreams. Our unique combination of life and leadership skills really works!
• Leadership & confidence building that accelerates maturity.
• One-to-one high school mentors.
• Fun, multimedia, hands-on “adventures” guide your child to build the critical character traits for success now and throughout life.
• Parental component allows parents to be involved each step of the way to help build character and open-up communication at home. This total “coaching team” approach (instructors, mentors, and parents) produces amazing results you will see at our “graduation celebration.”
• Carefully sequenced principles and values build on each other: “proactive responsibility,” “can-do,” “talent discovery,” “visionary goal setting,” “discipline/self-control,” “relationship management,” and “teamwork” that successful people demonstrate.
About the instructor:
Jeffrey M. Cain, co-founder & CEO of Character GPS®, has over 30 years expertise in designing and delivering educational, business, and charitable training programs that profoundly impact the lives of all ages while transforming their social environments that they live and learn in. He has conducted GPS classes for over five years to children of all ages as well as college, K-12, continuing education classes, and professional development workshops for teachers and professors at all levels of education across four decades. He studied computer operations research engineering at Cornell University, and he holds a B.S. degree in Secondary Mathematics and an M.S. degree in Adult Education Methodology and Statistical Research from Indiana University. Jeffrey is a Certified Master Facilitator for a wide variety of programs including Stephen Covey’s "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" Leadership Development. Having served over ten years as a VP and regional director of HR at Raymond James Financial and other Fortune 100 companies in corporate training, Jeffrey loves to teach and help people grow to their full potential. As a father of two children himself, he has taught, coached, and mentored children of all ages starting with his first teaching position out of college in an inner-city school, which ignited his true passion "to save our world, one child at a time."
For more information on Character GPS, click here.
This is a full-day camp for one week. A hearty lunch provided by Sage Dining Services is an add-on option for this camp.
Week 6 (incoming 6th-12th graders)